Saturday, July 13, 2013

Eggless chocolate chip cookies

Who doesn't like sweets? We all have sweet tooth or cravings for something or the other. These days we are alert on being health conscious, diet conscious, eating right, portion control and more. All it comes to eating right,  right portions and every consumption or intake in moderation.

We are the controller of our lives. In my house I try to control portions, eating right and in proportions what we consume.

Being an Economic student I  try to improvise things that fit my budget and at the same time, doesn't compromise food and health.

Health is wealth. So I consider health as my assest. I have started my health management in my family. If I stay healthy, I will be able to see another day and take care of my family and vice versa.

Enough philosophy, I will cut to chase. Jolene from moms club made delicious mouth watering chocolate cookies for sumner party and I give her thumbs up! I tweaked her recipe to suit my family needs.

I did some testing at  the ease and comfort of  my home kitchen. So  some of you can enjoy this recipe and the guilt free cookies. Kuddos!

I replicate her Recipe by eliminating eggs and butter.

Ingredients:
1 Cup  vegetable shortening(crisco)
1/4 cup C&H natural sugar & stevia blend
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tblsp water
1- 2/3 cup unbleached flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2  tsp baking powder
1/2 cup bitter sweet dark chocolate(hershey)6O% cocoa

Preparation steps:
Mix  sugar, water and shortening with the hand held mixer.
Then in seperate bowl mix dry ingredients flour, salt, baking powder.
Slowly pour dry ingredients with the wet and mix thoroughly  to form a dough.
Add chocolate chip into the mix and with the ice cream scoop out cookie dough on a cookie sheet.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake till 8-10 minutes till the cookies are lightly brown and well done.

let the cookies rest on a rack to cool before you serve. can eat with almond milk or coconut milk.

Note: These cookies are light, fluffy and mouth watering and eat care free.






No comments: