Friday, April 6, 2012

Vegan Greens beans sauteed with coconut

Who does not like green beans. Even the least veggie likeable person loves green beans. Either you steam it, sautee it or crisp fry them. Any way you want, just the way you need, any way you want ................yeah! It was not made up. It was the famous song by steve perry from 1980's. Great lyrics.

My whole family loves green beans. I did not invent this recipe.But I gave the south Indian style green beans a twist. I brought fresh green beans from a Asian market. They are available usually all year around in any produce stores. I have cut the green beans ina  slanting way. To be more precise French style green beans.
My little one who is just one, he devours those green beans.  I have used coconut oil to make this recipe. Coconut brings nice aroma and taste and flavor to the food or any veggies dishes.They are irressistable. You can just eat them or with white rice or served with chapattis(indian wheat pancakes). Recipe at www.indianfoodbazaar.com. Also don't forget to check my home made remedies on my website!
Greens beans with coconut

Ingredients:
2 cups cut green beans
1 tblsp coconut oil/olive oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds(tempering)
3-4 cloves garlic(thinly chopped)
1/2 cut onion(thinly diced)
pinch of  red chilli flakes
2-3 tblsps of freshly shredded coconut( or dry) unsweetened(available at asian market or any departmental store)

Preparation: In a medium sized sautee pan. Add coconut/olive oil. when the oil is sizzling, add mustard seeds for tempering. Simultaneousy add garlic. let it get brown, then add onions. Sautee for 2-3 minutes. Add red chilli flakes.
Add freshly cut green beans. Sautee uncovered for 5-7 minutes till they are medium done. I like my green beans little crisp. Don't like well done, then they tend to loose their taste and seems watery. please don't add any water to the beans. serve hot with rice or chappatis or eat as it is.




No comments: