Name: Bottle gourd
Other Names: edible bottle gourd, guava bean, white flowered gourd, Lageneria siceraria bottle squash, calabash gourd, Doodhi, Lowki, Calabash
Description: The Bottle gourd is a vine grown for its fruit, which can either be harvested young and used as a vegetable. It is distributed widely in the tropics. New research has shown that bottle gourd is very effective in treating cardiovascular diseases and in pulmonary tuberculosis.
Gray Hair, High Cholesterol, Insomnia, TB of Lung
Beet juice is rich in natural sugar, sodium, sulphur, chlorine, iodine, copper and vitamin B1, B2, C and bioflavonoids. Some holistic practitioners believe that beet juice combined with other juices like carrot and cucumber are excellent for cleansing the kidneys and gallbladder and for restoring health to these organs. Additionally, beet, being a fibrous root, is excellent for aiding in and eliminating constipation. The fiber adds bulk to the diet and therefore helps to improve peristalsis activity in the large intestine.
- Carrot can enhance the quality of breast milk.
- Carrot can improve the appearance of the skin, hair and nails.
- When taken daily it can lower cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Raw contain beta-carotene, a strong antioxidant that can prevent cancer.
- Carrot juice when taken everyday prevent bodily infections and is claimed to be valuable for the adrenal glands (the small endocrine glands situated above the kidneys).
- Carrot can help improve eyesight.
- Carrot can help increase menstrual flow.
- Carrots can regulate blood sugar.
- Carrot can promote colon health, because carrot is rich in fiber.
Beets are delightful for their color and flavor as well as for their beet nutrition. Their juice is wonderful mixed with carrot juice and can also be used as a dye. Is there any more beautiful color than the rich fuchsia and red tones of the beet? In some countries the beet juice, betanin, is processed commercially for coloration in various products.Speaking of beet nutrition, here are some of the facts: they are high in folic acid (great for pregnant women), potassium, calcium and antioxidants (betacyanin, which is what gives beets their rich red color.)Gourmet Mixed vegetable drink
1 medium sized beet(washed and peeled)
2 medium sized carrots(washed and peeled)
1/2 inch ginger root(cleaned)
vegetables one by one. You can get 1 big glass of red colored juice. Garnish with Orange rind. great healthy drink for the whole family.