These brownies takes only 15 minutes to prepare and 35 minutes to bake. How can that be so easy? I was inspired by http://minimalistbaker.com/fudgy-vegan-beet-cupcakes/. But then I made my own take off of beet brownies from here. I did a little cheat sheet. Quick, easy and time saver Brownies
1 Box Vegan Brownie Mix( or for non vegans- Regular brownie mix)
1 medium sized beet(Steamed in a pressure cooker) for 10 minutes(keeps the nutrients intact
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 tsp white or apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup canola or melted coconut oil
NOTE: Once you steam the beets in a pressure cooker for 10 minutes. let it cool down. Take the skin off and then cut into small piece. In a grinder or mixer, make beet puree. You need only 1/2 cup, reserve rest for making beet cranberry chutney or a dip.
- Whisk together the almond milk and vinegar in a large bowl, and set aside for a few minutes to curdle. Add 1/2 cup beets pureed beets and beat until foamy.
- Add the brownie mix, slowly sift it into the wet ingredients while mixing with a hand-held or standing mixer. Beat until no large lumps remain.
- Pour batter into liners or metal or glass baking sheet or filling 3/4 of the way full. Bake 25 to 35minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely. Do not try and unwrap them or they’ll stick to the wrapper.
- Cut the bownies into 1 inch square sizes or different shapes or sizes. Cookie cutter into different animal shapes or so.
What you need to know about these Soft, chewy and mouth watering brownies?
- They require one bowl
- They’re vegan
- They really don’t need frosting
- They’re rich, moist and gooey
- They are fudgy and addictive
- They don’t taste like beet.
- Kids are eating vegetables, especially beets?