Monday, August 19, 2013

Vegan Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have to tell everyone, I am not 100
% vegan. I am not trying to spread veganism. But i try to adopt in my day to day busy life to stay healthy, fit and disease free. I don't go to extremes. We all have our opinions.
How do we measure it
?
By staying healthy. But I am trying to keep myself healthly by eating the right food and in moderation. Our taste buds for eating sweets are going bonkers. So I thought balancing our diet, keeping in mind high cholestrol, blood pressure, diabetes, heart attack, cancer. All these bad friends are increasing in numbers.

So having eggless cookies after dinner or for snacking is a great way to nourish your body without losing your taste buds or crave for eating sweets. This a healthy, nutritious, low calories, tasty, eggless, butterless cookies.

I have to tell you these cookies are delicious, tasty, soft, chewy and mouth watering. I researched on the web, trying to see what else is there out for making eggless cookies. There was variation in makin Vegan cookies. So I adopted few things from here and there and then I added my did my own testing in my little home kitchen. The sources from Taste of Home.com. I have tweeked this recipe as per my
needs. So enjoy!

  • 1-1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 6 tablespoons vanilla Almond milk or Soy
  • 1/4 cup  sugar
  • 1/4 cup ripened bananas
        2 tblsp Chia seeds gel/paste
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2-1/4 cups  unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup vegan semisweet chocolate chips(Diary free)
  •  
    what is Chia
    ?
    you can see my picture detailed description. how to make paste?

    Directions

    • In a large bowl, beat the first six ingredients until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnite. I did overnite, as I was tired to bake them.
    • Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 20 cookies
     
     



    No comments: