Friday, March 8, 2013

Indian Vegan Onion bhajis/bhujias/pakoras

Sorry readers and folks. It has been a while I have written an interesting article  about foodie on my blog. Time constraint, family commitments  and more. I try my best to engage my readers, followers, so that they get best of the best out of my blog.

I love to take good pictures. I would love to have that cannon DSLR camera with extensive lense. Not in the budget right now and with kids touching everything, it is not a good investment. So my pictures are from a simple digital camera or sometimes from my droid smart phone that has only 5.0 pix. So pictures don't come out great. Yes the recipe does though!

When I had one of the moms club events, I had made this snack. Moms were devouring this dish. I hope you too.

So please bear with me and enjoy your day with a cup of tea/coffee  with this delicious homemade bhajis(Marathi regional language), pakoras( Hindi).

Onions are the base for most cooking. Dice it, slice it or just mash it. Just do it any way you want. Onions are used in every cooking. Eat as an appetizer, entree or just snack on. Make it the right way and you are on your way to heaven!

I am not kidding. These onions bhajis are mind blowing. Definitely a crowd pleaser not a crowd pisser! Made with love from my moms kitchen to mine and from my kitchen to yours.




Ingredients:

2-3 yellow onions thinly sliced
1 1/2 cup besan( chick pea/ gram flour)
1 tablespoon red chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 curry powder
Salt to taste
2 cups oil to fry
Frying pan
1/4 to 1/2 cup water to make mix

Preparation:

Mix besan( chick pea flour) with all above spices and water to form a paste or mix. Not too thick or too aawatery. Add thinly sliced onions. Mix thoroughly . With a medium size spoon scoop the batter and fry in the frying pan till light golden brown. Place bhajis on paper towel on a rack to cool down and to absorb any access oil. Heat hot with tamarind chutney or ketchup or green coconut chutney.

Very easy and tasty. this  is a snack under 30 mins. Enjoy! If you have any questions, I will be more then happy to answer it. Webmaster@indianfoodbazaar.com

No comments: