Friday, July 1, 2011

Melon Fiesta for the Summer

Watermelon a great summer treat. It is a perfect treat to beat the heat. A soothing way to quench your thirst.

For some it might be messy. But it does not have to be, if it treated right. Especially for kids and entertaining guest. It is easy, less messy and a great presentation on the table. It does not take much time. As they say" Practice makes a man Perfect". So keep perfecting the skill of carving the fruit. It is not hard at all. All you need is a melon baller and a little desire to accomplish this task.

Simple and easy, no advance preparation. A simple tool, "Melon Baller" and few melons. Watermelon, honeydew and canoloupe. Perfect trio color.

When I went to the market, I was unable to find the canoloupe, so I said let's make a duo melon fiestsa. I don't have many people to entertain. Just my family. My husband is not a big melon eater. He does not like watermelons at all. He feels it is messy and time consuming and watery. So I thought to myself, how can I make my man eat the melon. Here you go! Have melons in a form of small tiny balls. Easy to eat and handle. Can be eaten with toothpick or can be decorated on a barbeque stick or skewer. Can it be that difficult!


Try this duo melon fiesta today!
Step: Melon
1) Cut the melon in a circumference. You will have 2 half melons in a form of a radius.
2) Take melon baller and insert it on the melon face down.
3)Press it down the melon baller into the melon and scoop the melon and twist the baller upward.
 It take few attempts to master this technique. Not easy, but neither difficult either.
4) You will have wonderful duo color in no time. Red, green and if you have canoloupe, then peach color too.


These are great summer treats, easy simple and no headache. You can have a great appetite, snack or a desert. You can add touch by serving on a cottage cheese or by using you imagination.

No comments: